Register In Guitar, Bass, Keyboards or Drums
- Guitar Entries will be accepted in the genres of Rock, Blues, Jazz/Fusion, Acoustic/Country, Classical/Flamenco and Rhythm Guitar. Details about each category are in the Guitar section here. Guitar applicants may register in more than one genre but must provide separate email and registration for each genre.
- Rhythm Section Entries (Bass, Piano, Drums) may perform in any contemporary music style but not classical. Register under Rhythm Competition and you will indicate your instrument. Rhythm players may apply as solo, duo or trio under one registration (see Rhythm Competition page).
- Register with 2 YouTube Videos of you playing (see Guitar & Rhythm competition pages for details).
- All judging will be through the Advisory Board Judges viewing the submitted videos. Winners will be announced the first week of June, 2016.
- An applicant may register in both the guitar competition and rhythm competition but each would need a separate registration. Guitar applicants may also register in more than one guitar genre but would require separate registration as well. However, Rhythm players (bass, piano/keys, drums) in a duo or trio register as a group under one registration.
- If you’ve registered for the competition in a previous year (or even won as a finalist), you may register again. Former grand prize winners may not re-apply.
- Winners will be traveling for performances and recording from the dates of August 28 through September 12, 2016 to Montana, Los Angeles and Tokyo, Japan.
We’re looking forward to seeing some amazing, diverse playing from this year’s contestants!
The mission of Lee Ritenour’s Six String Theory competition is to support aspiring musicians towards a professional music career through scholarships, recording, performing, mentoring and prizes.